Why choose Lens Refractive Surgery?
The aim of Lens Refractive Surgery is to reduce your refractive error so that you enjoy clearer vision without glasses or contact lenses. The power of the IOL will be calculated to correct the focusing error. Advanced surgical techniques used today means that your post-operative recovery should be rapid and your vision is usually clearer With in 24 hours
An IOL offers significant advantages over other types of refractive surgery:
• Removal of your natural lens means you will not develop cataracts as you get older-with other refractive options you may still develop cataracts
• Magnification is at the natural level
• Full peripheral (side to side) vision
• Astigmatism can be addressed
• There is minimal risk of glare and halos
• Permanent solution to focusing problem
Implants used are mainly of two types. Single vision( Mono-focal) and Accommodative e.g. Tetraflex.
Accommodative implants e.g Tetraflex have some accommodation built in and patients apart from having good general vision have enough near vision to be able to read medium size print and work on computer in large number of cases with out requiring spectacles.
The cost is from £ 2995 per eye (Multifocal or accommodative lens implant)
Yag Laser Capsulotomy
A High proportion of patients after implant surgery require Capsulotomy using Yag Laser any time within 5 years.
YAG Laser: £250 per eye
Post procedure medication: Included.
Follow-up consultation: Included
Payment is required at least 5 days before your surgery day.