What Are Anti Wrinkle Injections?
Anti Wrinkle Injections are made of purified proteins that are injected into the face, and work by blocking nerve signals in the muscles. The muscles freeze, inhibiting their actions reducing the formation of future lines and wrinkles and ensuring current ones are removed. The skin is left looking smooth, youthful and renewed. At New Birkdale Clinic, we use Botulinum Toxin Type A, a superb form of Botox that constantly and consistently pleases its patients.
Who Is Suitable for Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
Wrinkles develop naturally through ageing and sun exposure, but can also form due to laughing, smiling and frowning repeatedly over time.
Therefore, Anti Wrinkle Injections are suitable for those who would like to correct the following:
- Forehead Lines
- Frown Lines
- Crow’s Feet
- Bunny Lines
- Smile Lines
These issues can result in further concerns, such as:
- Anxiety concerning how you look, leading to a reduced social life.
- Feelings of unattractiveness.
- Comparison with others who don’t seem to be experiencing the same issues.
Therefore, you may seek to reduce or remove your lines and wrinkles with an Anti-Wrinkle Injection.
Botulinum Toxin Type A can also be used for excessive perspiration on the underarms and palms.
What You Need To Know About Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
- Treatment takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
- The Botox will be injected in small doses into the muscles below the wrinkles and/or lines, which will momentarily relax the muscles.
- You may experience some discomfort during the procedure, though the majority of people cope well.
- Repeated treatments will teach your muscles not to develop new lines and wrinkles.
What To Expect After Anti-Wrinkle Injections
- Current lines and wrinkles will start to noticeably decrease within 5-7 days.
- These results will last for 3-6 months, when a top up is recommended.
- After the treatment, avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Do not rub, touch or message the area treated area for 24 hours.
- Avoid beauty treatment and moisturisers for at least a day too.
- Hot baths may “sweat out” the Botox, therefore avoid these for 2 days.
- You may experience a headache after the procedure, though this can be handled with paracetamol.
The Benefits of Anti-Wrinkle Injections
- Stops new lines and wrinkles developing while lessening the look of those already there.
- The results are gradual, look natural and leave you looking like your younger self.
- A non-invasive treatment that requires no recovery time.
- An increase in self-confidence, self-esteem and happiness with your appearance.
Think Anti-Wrinkle Injections could be right for you? Call our knowledgeable and professional team at our Liverpool or Rotherham clinics or fill out our contact form to find out more.