Whether it’s when we’re putting on make-up, washing our face or just checking that we look good, at some point during the day, we all look at our faces. What do you see? What do you like? What do you focus on? Like many people, the eyes may be the area, and the eye bags, the first thing you see. Eye bags can make you look older, tired and take away the beauty your eyes once held, leading to a reduction in self-confidence and self-esteem. Fortunately, eye bag surgery (also known as a blepharoplasty) can restore youthfulness to your face. In this post, we look at how eye bags form, what the surgery involves and the associated benefits.
How Do Eye Bags Form?
As we age, collagen and elastin found in the skin around the eyes start to break down, causing a reduction in elasticity. This causes the eyelids to droop and sag, resulting in unwanted skin around the eyes, leading to wrinkles and eye bags. In severe cases, the excess skin can affect your vision.
Eye bags may also be exacerbated by tiredness, smoking, an unhealthy diet or poor make-up removal. Tiredness is what gives eye bags that dark colour.
What Does Eye Bag Surgery Involve?
There are two main eye bag removal procedures: Upper Eyelid Surgery and Lower Eyelid Surgery. Briefly, the surgeries involve:
Upper Eyelid Surgery: Skin excess is removed from the upper eyelid.
Lower Eyelid Surgery: Fat bags are removed from the lower eyelid for a smooth and even look.
Both surgeries leave the patient looking refreshed, youthful and without noticeable scars.
For full details of the surgeries click here
What Are The Benefits of Eye Bag Surgery?
The advantages of a blepharoplasty include:
- Removal of excess skin, redistribution of fat and tightening of muscle tissue that leaves the area looking refreshed.
- Gets rid of dark circles found under the eyes, and therefore that ‘tired’ look.
- Vision is no longer inhibited due to a lifted brow and a more open upper eyelid.
- Wrinkles, fine lines and crow’s feet found around the eyes are reduced.
- Gives you back your youthful appearance by focusing on the issues that create that dull, exhausted look, including drooping tissue, wrinkles and excess skin.
- Enhances your face’s natural beauty by altering the shape and appearance of your eyes.
- An increase in self-esteem and self-confidence as you will visibly look and feel younger.
- Make-up application becomes easier due to smoother and more even skin.
- The results can last for years, and in some cases, are permanent.
Could you benefit from eye bag surgery? Why not call one of our friendly and experienced team here at New Birkdale Clinic to discuss your requirements and how we can help you.