With the rise of social media, the need to appear younger to enhance career prospects and the realisation that being a man can involve taking care of one’s appearance, it’s no surprise that the number of men having non-surgical procedures has increased dramatically over the past 10 years. With much to choose from, we often get asked what we believe to be the best treatments out there. Well, dear reader, we’re about to tell you.
Moles, whether they appear on the face or body, can reduce self-confidence and lead to feelings of self-consciousness. Mole removal is a quick procedure that rids your skin of the mole.
What Is Mole Removal?
The mole is cut out of the skin through an incision, with the wound requiring a small stitch. The procedure is performed under local anaesthetic to reduce any potential pain.
What Are The Benefits Of Mole Removal?
- No limit to the clothes you can wear, whether that’s short sleeve tops, shorts or tank tops.
- Removal of a focal point that may have been a cause for staring.
- Reduction in physical discomfort that may have occurred when the mole caught on clothing.
A great procedure for permanent hair removal, for example from the chest, shoulders, back and face. Many men also remove hair associated with ageing, such as from the ears and nose.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
We use The Soprano XL® at New Birkdale Clinic, which sends pulsed light into the sub-dermis, damaging hair follicles and destroying the cells responsible for new hair growth to prevent regrowth.
What Are The Benefits Of Laser Hair Removal?
- A suitable alternative to razers, shaving creams or waxing that can leave bumps, marks and bruises.
- A smooth appearance that leaves behind no missed spots, and lasts.
- Can result in permanent hair loss in selected areas.
If you’ve been noticing wrinkles and fine lines recently, or would like to reduce blemishes, pigmentary issues or marks, then microdermabrasion may be for you.
What Is Microdermabrasion?
Microcrystals are propelled across the skin’s surface, removing the top layer of unwanted cells, leaving behind new cells and encouraging collagen production. This gives your skin a plumper and healthier appearance.
What Are The Benefits Of Microdermabrasion?
- Improves skin texture, tone and appearance.
- Can be used to unclog pores, reducing their size.
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
Or is that Brotox to you? A popular solution for lines of the forehead, frown, bunny and smile variety, as well as crow’s feet.
What Is Botox?
Botox, or Botulinum toxin type A is made of purified proteins and works by activating a process known as ‘selective muscle denervation’. This is where muscle nerve signals are blocked, so that lines and wrinkles are less likely to form, and current ones are reduced.
What Are The Benefits Of Botox?
- A visibly younger, yet natural-looking face.
- Prolongs the ageing process, especially with top up treatments.
- As with the other treatment, it is non-invasive, a short procedure and requires no downtime.
For more information on any of our treatments, or to book your appointment, please contact us on 0151 374 2725 (Liverpool clinic), 01709 925278 (Yorkshire clinic) or fill in our contact form here.