What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal Fillers are products rich in hyaluronic acid and collagen that are injected through thin needles into the skin. They target areas that have lost moisture, elasticity and volume due to the effects of ageing, sun exposure and weight loss, by filling in and smoothing out lines, wrinkles and scars, and plumping up thinning lips and sagging skin. Hyaluronic acid helps transport rejuvenating nutrients and regulates water balance in your skin, whereas collagen boosts elasticity and gives your skin that healthy glow.
Who Is Suitable for Dermal Fillers?
Those who would like to correct the following:
- Tear Troughs (Eye Bags).
- Brow Shape and Location.
- Nose Shape.
- Thinning Lips.
- Sagging Cheeks.
- Drooping Chin.
- Crow’s Feet.
- The Appearance of Scars.
These issues can result in further concerns, such as:
- Worry that you look older than you are.
- Embarrassment and a reduction in self-esteem.
- Irritation with creams, lotions and beauty regimens that don’t seem to be helping.
Dermal Fillers can correct these issues, in a safe, non-invasive and surgical-free way.
What You Need To Know About Dermal Fillers?
- Avoid anti-inflammatory painkillers 24 hours before the treatment as it can increase the risk of bruising and bleeding post-treatment.
- A local anaesthetic cream will be applied to lessen any discomfort you may feel.
- The filler is inserted in a sequence of small injections.
- The procedure takes approximately 30 – 45 minutes.
What To Expect After Dermal Fillers
- The results will be noticeable right away and last up to 18 months.
- You might experience minor bruising or swelling, though this should subside after a day.
- Don’t wear make-up for 12 hours following the procedure.
- If you use regularly use moisturiser, ensure it is perfume-free.
- If you have lip fillers, avoid hot and ice-cold drinks for 24 hours.
- It is advised that coffee, alcohol and sun exposure is avoided for 24 hours, regardless of which filler you have. Sun cream is suggested as an extra precaution.
- Strenuous exercise should be avoided for 1 week.
- Top up treatments are recommended after 18 months to prolong the effects.
The Benefits of Dermal Fillers
- An instant reduction in lines, wrinkles and sagging skin, without the recovery time.
- Quicker, less-invasive and more enjoyable than its surgical and cream counterparts.
- Creates a natural looking effect that doesn’t freeze your expression or stop facial movement.
- Your skin will feel hydrated, refreshed and healthy.
- An increase in self-confidence as you’ll look, and therefore feel, better about your appearance.
Trying to decide between Dermal Fillers and Botox? Check out our great blog post, What Is The Difference Between Botox And Fillers? to discover which option is right for you.
For more information, contact our friendly, professional and highly qualified team at our Liverpool or Rotherham clinics for a FREE consultation or fill in our contact form here.